Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 5 - Washington DC (continued)

Here is our last day to play. We only spent two days in DC. We definatly needed at least 3. But, It was so much fun! If you get the chance, GO!
The Lincoln Memorial (HE'S HUGE)
Trying to break into the backyard of the White House. I'm sure they saw John climbing up the gate and had their guns pointed at his head, knee, and belly button in case he did jump the fence.
The Marine Corps Memorial (ALSO HUGE) These men from WWII, where lined up with their canes and wheelchairs. It was so cool to see.

2 comments:

Scott and Kristy said...

I am so glad you got to go, how fun!! I would love to go some day... I love your back ground so very cute

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your pics and your impressions. Jer and I went on our honeymoon to DC. We were there a week and still didn't see all that we wanted to. He served his mission there and loved it. The Temple is amazing. I wish you could've seen the inside during the day too (the walls glow with sunlight!) I LOVED the Smithsonian museums on the mall. Arlington Cemetery and the changing of the guard was my favorite place. Looks like you had a GREAT trip! Can't wait to chat about it with you more!