Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Tour

For those of you who didn't know, John and I have the opportunity to take care of a couple's house while they are on their LDS mission. We will be here for the next 18 months (hopefully they get an extension). We are paying rent to help pay for their mission, but it's the same rent we payed for our two bedroom apartment. Also, we don't have to pay any utilities, except for internet and TV. (so we have no cable for a bit).

We have agreed to let them keep their furniture in their house. That is fine with us, because... well... we really didn't have much. So, no, I don't have old lady taste! (and they packed away personal stuff, such as dishes, clothes, etc. They only left out their furniture and some wall hangings. I get to use my own stuff, which is ideal) But the place still looks great! We love it here.

Here is a tour of our new place. Please excuse any clutter. We DID just move in. And also - Do I have a lisp? It sounds like I do. Let that amuse you as well!



9 comments:

jhjonze said...

SWEEEET! You got quite the set up there. I'm uber jealous of your washer and dryer and largo TV. I may come visit...

Emma said...

That looks like so much fun! How nice for you and what a great change from Aggie Village

Scott and Kristy said...

I love your house and it's nice to have you close by

Shay said...

how exciting! that is so neat! It does sound like you have a lisp... hahaha

Lindsey Bench said...

I have a real love-hate relationship with you guys now. I hate to love you while I'm sitting here amidst my cinder block walls.

Jessica said...

too cute...I"m sure you will completely enjoy it! How is work going? I so need a trim, but don't know when I'm coming down again. I never did get the perm...I decided to let my hair grow a little longer first. How's school for John going? Are you going to a different ward now? I miss talking to you! :D Wb asap!

Travis said...

Hey nice TV! do you have any extra rooms for rent? HAHA It looks like a place i could come and hang out at. Get that cable hooked up and i'll be sure to be over! haha Nice Tina looks great! *said with a lisp* :P

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

So looks really nice! We need to have a sleep over at your place now! So just curious...what are you going to do when you have to go back to the cinderbrick walls?

Kandace said...

I love your new pad!!! I have TOTALLY got to come see it first hand! But it suits you guys! I think you need to buy your own house so I can help you decorate it! ;) Love you lots and lots!