Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our DC Trip

John and I had the opportunity to go back east to see some of the civil war sites and Washington DC as well. Naturally, we decided to go.

For those of you who don't know, John is in the ROTC. They had a history class that you can get school credit for, and if family member wanted to go, they could (for only $550). We stayed in the army barracks, so I didn't get to stay with John. "Boys on the top floor, Girls on the main." I didn't mind too much, but I knew some of ladies didn't like the thought of not being able to stay with there hubbies. I figured at least it was somewhere to stay - for cheap!! They also provide breakfast and lunch. Dinner was up to us. As you can see - it was a steal of a deal.

It was way fun to go on this trip with the ROTC. Not only did we get a history lesson of Gettysburg and Antietam, they showed the different strategies the army took during the Civil War. I thought it kind of a cool perspective!

I organized the days of our trip in separate posts. Go ahead and scroll down to check out what... we... checked out... :)

3 comments:

Emma said...

So fun! I love D.C. and I loved living there for the few weeks I was there before Scott and I got engaged, we definately want to go back and D.C. is one of Scott's favorite places. That's awesome that you had the opportunity to go! We might be making a pitstop in Logan one of these weekends, we'll let you know for sure!

Deanna said...

aw! you should have told us you were coming! we maybe could have met up and seen the site together! glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a fun trip. Had to laugh too that I didn't tell you and you didn't tell me but Chad told us both...you know what I'm talkin' about.