Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Military Weekend

Military Ball. Can you believe that we actually get to go to a ball? It's not much of a fairytale ball, though (Bummer), but it is rather fun to doll up for the evening. This specific ball was located at UVU (use to be UVSC). We showed up, mixed and mingled, sat down, listen to a short program, got our food (very yummy food), ate it, and left. We found out we could leave after dinner, so that's what we did. As soon, as we got up, they began giving out awards. So we bolted for the door before we felt obligated to stay. So I don't know if there was dancing or not. Maybe next time we'll stay longer.... maybe.

Govenor's Day. Did you know there was such a thing. Well there is. And we got to go. It was held in the Rice Eccles Stadium. John had to be in formation by 9:00 AM. So I sat and waited for the "parade" to begin at 10:00 AM. The parade consited of different military units from Utah. They marched around the football field, saluted the govenor, and then filed on the football field. It was so amazing to see so many men and women in uniform. They filled the whole football field. (I know, I didn't get a picture. Next year.) There were some airplanes and helicopters fly over our heads. That was neat. I do have to say the rest of the program was rather boring. They just gave out awards to different soldiers, and the govenor gave a speech. This did take a good hour and a half. I was dying of heat. Half my face a sunburnt, and i have new tan lines. I could only imagine how John felt. They had more activities for the rest of the day, but they were mostly for little kids' entertainment. We'll stay longer another time. (That is John next to the 43 line)
My Army Man

Where's John?
Do you remember the game "Where's Waldo?" See if you can find John. He's in there I promise. (Hint: He is wearing a black beret and he is close enough you can see his face)

3 comments:

jhjonze said...

Man that is cool! You got to go to a ball? Jealous. I like the pictures, but I used to be really good at Where's Waldo and I couldn't find John!

Karen said...

I cannot find John.... I looked and looked... I even enlarged the photo. Next year you guys should dance at the ball. Later!

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

Ok I even made the picture very large and I cannot find him anywhere!!! He's good at being camoflauged(i have no clue how to spell that!) But Sunday was fun! Thanks for letting us come up and crash all day! Dinner was especially delicious!!