Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Korea - by John

I'm pretty sure that everybody that would read this blog already knows that I'm in the military. If not, I'm in the military. One weekend a month, two weeks a year. This year my two weeks was in Korea. Most people that I've talked to seemed to think that it would be boot camp'ish. It wasn't very physically demanding. In fact, most of the time was spent in an office. I shadowed a lieutenant, Lt. Holly Thomas, and helped with the logistical aspect of their unit's field training exercise (FTX). So I did really important stuff like order ice and food for the company. Many of soldiers would have parrished without my hard work.

I did get off base when I could. I didn't take as many pictures as I probably could, but here's a few:


Here is Korea's palace of palaces... and the guards have cool glued on beards. I tried to take a self-portrait with the front one, but they jumped on me. Actually, they just told me "No, no."


Here is a really cool building behind the palace that is a museum, which seemed pretty cool, but it had "cool" stuff like...


...these fine automobiles... wow...


If you like shopping, this is the place to be. You can find the real stuff and its ripped off counter-part.


this is where i lived for two weeks. not quite the Hilton. nor Motel 8 for that matter.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to see that all went well with you in Korea. I think that is actually a really cool place to get to spend your two weeks. Ty spent his last two weeks of the military in Boise! FUN!

Tina...SO glad that my hair doesn't have its crazy uneven and strange layers that it has been baring since my bad hair cut in february! Problem solved! I'm sure I will be back in a few months (or less) for another cut. I think I am planning to grow my hair out again....we'll see!! :) Or maybe back to the A line. I really liked that actually!

Amanda said...

NO NO NO....It wasn't from you!! I have loved the cuts I got from you. Honestly! I really have! I wouldn't come back otherwise :) It was from an unmentioned place that I will never return!

Lindsey Bench said...

the best account ever. i heard from your downstairs neighbors that you made them zucchini bread, that is so sweet of you.

Melissa said...

John,
Thanks for the visual with your pictures! I'm glad you were able to see a bit of Korea while you were there. Love ya!

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

SO i think you should come over to our house and do a slide show on our big screen! I would like to see more pictures!

Just the 7 of us said...

John I haven't talked or seen you for so long. Keep in touch. Rachel (Rudd)