Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh My ... What Happened?

*WARNING: Wincing, goosebumps, gagging, or even possible vomit may occur from viewing photos below. However, they are a must see.*

I was on my way home from work, when my phone began to ring. It was my dear husband, John. The first words from John on the phone was, "Do we have hydrogen peroxide?"

I responded, "We have rubbing alcohol."

"No, it has to be hydrogen peroxide."

"Why?"

"I need it to remove the blood from my military cap."

"Why is there blood on your military cap?"

"I had an accident."

"I would start talking if I were you..."

John was being timed while during an obstacle course for ROTC. He was making great speed, when all of a sudden, he hit his head on a beam. (He didn't see it because his cap blocked his vision) He hit it hard enough that the military rank pin that was pinned on his cap, pierced his head. He felt the sudden pain, enough for a 4 letter word to slip out of his mouth. But, he continued to finish the obstacle course. He then removed his hat in time to notice the blood spewing from his brain. His military buddies also began to say 4 letter words when they looked at his head.

The Pin Marks
Blood In Hat (after it was cleaned a bit)
You can also see the marks and blood in his hairline

John is fine. In fact, he feels rather tough. He does say it hurts a bit. But, I do have to admit, when I found out John was okay, I began to laugh.. a lot. Though, he does look rather manly in his army uniform and the blood. Meow.

*Moral of the Story: Hydrogen Peroxide really does help remove blood stains!

7 comments:

Emma said...

Ouch! glad you're ok johnny boy! you look dead sexy in your garb

jhjonze said...

That is not funny, but it really is!

Scott and Kristy said...

Poor John, it makes me hurt to look at it

Kali said...

wade and i just burst out laughing. poor john. but so so funny. we miss you guys.

kathy said...

Can't he just get a new hat? You'd think that with all the money this country spends on the military, they could fork out for one! Ouch!

Lisa said...

Do they give purple hearts for that?

Traci said...

How many times have you been knocked unconcious due to a head injury? I will tell everyone that doesn't know John like I do, that once upon a time in middle school, john was running around the basketball court for gym when all of a sudden "Whoosh" "Booonnngg" a girl had come out of the girls locker room which opened up onto the gym floor and guess who was right there to run into it....JOHN! Yes, I had to come to his rescue...poor kid, sorry Tina, I thought that had knocked sense into him!! Lol!!!
Peace out bro-
Walter