Thursday, April 14, 2011

5 Years Ago Today...

Scott, John's roommate and my co-worker, wanted to go on a double date. He asked John to find someone to go with them. John, being new to Logan, really didn't know anybody. He asked a cute girl from work, but she couldn't go. John was ready to tell Scott he was on his own. Scott told John he had to. Scott didn't want to take the girl all by himself, because he was worried that it would be awkward. John thought for a second, and asked, "Well, what about the girl who cut our hair." Scott said, "Tina? That's perfect! She knows the girl I'm taking, too. So we'll have fun. I'll get her number from work."

Thursday, April 13, 2006 at about 11:00 pm, I went downstairs in my room. Went to my phone that was plugged into the wall, and noticed a had a voicemail from a number with a Salt Lake area code. What? Who would be calling me from Salt Lake? I listened. "Hey, Tina. This is your buddy, John. I just wanted to know what you are doing tomorrow night. If you could give me a call, that would be great. Talk to ya later." "Oh my gosh!" I remembered who John was. The tall guy, with the luscious brunette hair. My mind began to race. How did he get my number? Is he a stalker? Do I really want to go? I promised myself not to date clients. That wouldn't be too professional. He is a nice guy, I should go. But, I just got our of a 2 year relationship just 2 months before. I'm off men now. However, it would be so nice to get out of the house. But, do I want to go with someone I really don't know. Are we going on a double date? Or is it going to be totally awkward. Ugh! What to do? I talked to my mom, and her famous reply she gave me, I'll never forget, "Oh, Tina. Just go out with him. It's not like your going to marry him." I figured just to sleep on it.

Friday, April 14, 2006, I get to work and decided to call John. I had every intention to say No. I woke up with menstral cramps, and I just figured it was prbably best to keep work and personal life seperate. I gave him a call. "Hello?" "Hey John, it's Tina." "Hey, Tina. What are you doing?" "Nothing just at work." "Well, when you get off the phone, what will you be doing tonight?" What? Who says that? I was so confused. My plan of conversation soon took another route. "I don't know, John. What am I doing?" "You're going on a date!" I gave him him a pitty/nervous laugh. "Oh, okay. Sounds good." Great. Not what I wanted to do. I told him where I lived and he was picking me up at about 7. I hung up, and called out to my co-workers, "Does anyone have midol or ibproufen? Like, a lot?"

That night, John picked me up (when I noticed his brown eyes). We went to the Blue Bird (noticed how hard and how much he made me laugh). Went ice skating (later found out it was an excuse to hold my hand), went rock climbing (luckily the medicine and caffeine kicked in at about this time) and went back to his place and hung out and chatted til 1:00 in the morning. I had so much fun! I can't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did. John was so much fun. I wouldn't say I fell in love that night, but I defiantly felt like I found a long lost best friend. I couldn't believe how well we clicked. It was a night that I thought was going to be a nightmare, turned into the best night I've ever had! Awesome first date!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Awe Cute! :)

Kandace said...

And the next morning John came over to MY house and was like..."Pretty sure I had the best date EVER last night!" And I was like "Oh? Will there be a second date?" His reply? "Definately." :) LOVE your story!!!

jhjonze said...

Seriously cute!
Um, when is the next installment?

تسويق الكترونى said...




شركة تركيب نجارة الباب والشباك بمكة
شركة ترميم المنازل واعمال البناء بمكة
شركة نقل اثاث بمكة
شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف منازل بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف واجهات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالمدينة المنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تسليك مجارى بالمدينة المنورة
شركة عزل اسطح بالمدينة المنورة
شركة عزل خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
فنى صيانة كهرباء بالمدينة المنورة
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة تركيب سيراميك ورخام بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تركيب نجارة الباب والشباك بالمدينة المنورة
شركة ترميم المنازل واعمال البناء بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف بالطائف
شركة تنظيف منازل بالطائف
شركة تنظيف فلل بالطائف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر وزجاج بالطائف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالطائف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالطائف
شركة كشف تسرب المياه بالطائف
شركة تسليك مجارى بالطائف
شركة عزل اسطح بالطائف
شركة عزل خزانات بالطائف
شركة نقل اثاث بالطائف
شركة تنظيف بأبها
شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها
شركة تنظيف واجهات بابها
شركة تنظيف خزانات بابها
شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بأبها
شركة تسليك مجارى بابها
شركة عزل اسطح بأبها
شركة عزل خزانات بابها
شركة نقل اثاث ابها
شركة تنظيف بتبوك
شركة تنظيف منازل بتبوك
شركة تنظيف فلل بتبوك
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بجازان

Xương Rồng said...

Nếu như mọi người đang có thắc mắc, những ai có khả năng mắc nhiễm bệnh xã hội? Các chuyên gia y tế cho biết, ai cũng có khả năng mắc bệnh nếu không cẩn thận và không xây dựng các cách phòng tránh cũng như là hiểu biết về bệnh. Ngoài con đường lây nhiễm qua đường tình dục, bệnh xã hội còn lây nhiễm từ mẹ sang con, lây nhiễm qua đường máu, qua tiếp xúc trực tiếp khi có vêt thương, thậm chỉ là qua các vật dụng chung gian nếu sử dụng chung đồ dùng cá nhân, nhất là đối với bệnh lậu, bệnh sùi mào gà…Vì thế, tất cả chúng ta đều phải cảnh giác và phòng tránh. Khi có các dấu hiệu bệnh bất thường, đừng ngại ngần mà hãy đi thăm khám và điều trị ngay. Cũng có thể chia sẻ và nhờ sự giúp đỡ của ai đó mà bạn tin tưởng để cùng giải quyết vấn đề.