Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That Just Happened!

I love my job. But, just like every other job, it has it moments. Like, yesterday...

I have a client that is in her 70's. And like most 70 year old women, she has to get her monthly perm. No problem. Perms aren't my favorite, but you do anything for a little extra money.

As I am rolling the perm in my clien'ts hair, she out of no where says, "You will have to excuse me for my social skills today..." I suddenly assumed she was going to tell me she was tired and she wasn't going to be very talkative. But my thoughts were interrupted abruptly when she said,"I'm feeling gassy."

I panicked. I must have heard wrong. Who admits that? (Right, a 70 year old woman) She continued,"I apologize for any smells that I may have. I can't really tell how bad it is. I think I may have lost my sense of smell. Carl [her boyfriend - that's a whole other story that's just as gaggy] tells me that I am pretty bad."

...yeah. Time goes on, and the heat began to rise. Now, I understand that when you get older, some people just can't help it. That's fine. But, there has to be a better way. And I know when I'm not being dramatic when my client says, "Oh, that must be really bad. I can smell that one."

Although I found out that I can now hold my breath a little longer than I thought, I beg to you all out there. If you feel a little pressure, PLEASE feel free to excuse yourself to the restroom.

And, yes, this really happened.

12 comments:

jhjonze said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That made my day!

Scott and Kristy said...

That was so funny, You made my day !

Emma said...

oh my goodness, I bet that was the fastest perm you ever did.

Kimberly Nan said...

Hahahaa, that is so awesome! You just made my day.

Anonymous said...

I hope she gave you a BIG tip! I don't know if I can come sit in that chair and have you do my hair anymore :)

Katie Jane said...

Hey babe! This is Katie Young from beauty school and you have just reminded me why I love old lady perms. I can't even believe that happened!

Idaho Rob said...

Jonathan,
I am searching out those blogs that have Sarah's blog listed as mine and sarah's. It is not. The blog is hers and I have my own, it can be found at
43rdstate.blogspot.com
Thank You!

Lisa and McCord said...

that is so funny, Tina. I love that story. Bless your heart for dealing with that. Love ya hun and I hope you and John are doing well. Love, Lisa

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

I can't wait till I'm an old lady... it must be great to have been through enough that you don't have any qualms left...great story!

Lacey Allen said...

OMG - Tina that story is terrible!!!!
Hey I want to drive back to logan and have you do my hair this weekend. Do you work weekends? I want to chop it in an A-line and do chunks of bright blonde. call me or e-mail me, will ya? 208-380-5069 skyler.lacey@yahoo.com

Matt and Jessica said...

I'm surprised the perm solution didn't have any reactions. that could have been dangerous... hope she paid you well ;) Oh and consider yourself stalked too since i have looked at your blog lots and you didn't even know. anyway i am so glad you put that on here cuz that is the funniest thing ever!!