Tuesday, February 10, 2009

They Called Us On a Mission...

...well, not us. But, we are very fortunate to know a couple that are! Because we charmed (I don't know how, but we did) this couple, they want us to take care of their house (in Smithfield) while they serve in Samoa for a year and a half. So in a way - this will be quite the "mission" for us. Oh, what did I get myself into. :) Just kidding. We do feel very blessed and fortunate for the opportunity to house sit, and are thrilled!! We will be moving possibly the first of April or even a week or two before that. We are sad to leave our ward. We have made wonderful friends while we have been here. But, it was a no brainer to us when we were asked to take on this task. word!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Way exciting! Who could pass up an opportunity to not pay rent? Anyone I know?

Loved your story about the old lady! Got to keep life exciting. I am in such DESPARATE need of a new do but unfortunetly everything I want is LONGER than my hair is now. So Im trying to grow it out a little and its driving me crazy. I promise when I do come in, it won't be the experience you told us about!

Jessica said...

Have fun! It will be awesome! Having a house would be so nice--even if it was just to house sit! :D Keep your Aggie Village car passes until they expire and use them...it is worth it I promise! :D

Jess :D

Traci said...

Congrats! That is way awesome. Walter and I did that when we first got married! Love ya guys!

P.S. February 26th rocks!

Deanna said...

yay! we were going to do that, but the people had dogs and I am not a dog person, they could tell.

jhjonze said...

Oh my crap! Genious! I was always hoping one of my grandparents would do that for us... bummer! Anyway that is awesome.

The concert is this Friday at the Smithfield theatre. I will send you the info on Facebook cause that is just easier. And yes, please come and make fun of my huge belly with me!

keegan said...

worst neighbors ever.

Megan said...

Your leaving the ward and you didn't even tell us! We are appalled! Have fun in the new house! Don't break anything you party animals.

-Brad & Megan