Thursday, December 16, 2010

November 27, 2010

YEAR ONE! We made it! We had such a fun little party with Hadley's family. We are so grateful for all those who came to visit Hadley on her very special day.
I didn't think much about doing a theme, until I heard that one nephew was doing monkeys, and the other was doing owls ("Hoo"'s turning one? get it? cute huh), so I figured I can't do a boring party. And besides, it made things fun for me and my creative side. I decided to do "ladybugs." But then I discussed it with my mother-in-law, and I was telling her how I wanted to girl-it-up just a little more, so she helped me decide to have pink and brown ladybugs. It turned out too cute.

I mailed off little ladybug invites. To see the invite, you spread out the wings. Something like what a real lady bug would do. I didn't take any pictures of the invite. And I would do it now, but I don't want to... (too lazy to run upstairs)

I made cute little Bug Cupcakes for everyone to enjoy...
And I made Hadley her very own Ladybug cake...
She was so funny to watch eat the cake. I honestly expected her to dive head first into the cake, but she was being quite the lady. (Which I guess was appropriate for the theme) I kid you not, she was so dainty. She sat there and just picked at the cake. Stopped, gave the crowd a smile, and then picked a little more. No diving at all. So I helped her out a little, and eventually, she did get messy.
We love Hadley so much. We are so proud to have her as our not so baby girl. We are so spoiled to have such a little lady. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HADLEY!!

5 comments:

Emma said...

such a cute party idea! She's adorable.

Lindsey Bench said...

Way to go Miss Crafty pants. So cute! And that Hads is pretty stinkin cute too!

Asher misses his Logan girlfriend

Erin Brady said...

So, so cute! Congrats on Hadley turning one!

Melissa said...

Happy 1st Birthday Hadley! Sorry we couldn't make it to your party (I have a whole list of excuses...one of which is sleeping in my arms:) Here's to another fun year!

jhjonze said...

Um cute! Good job on the theme and she is adorable!