Monday, June 23, 2008

Demoltion Derby

John loves the derby. I introduced one to him, and now we hardly miss them. There is an odd thrill in watching cars (in this case, trucks) run into each other and kill the other's engine. The winner, of course, wins a hefty amount of money. Would you believe that we actually paid $8 to watch this? Yeah, well, we did. But what else do you do in Logan? The funny thing, though, is that we seem to always run into our friends at the derby. We sat by our friends Rob and Sarah Bowles. Sarah was one of my best friends in middle school and high school. We absolutely love the both of them. We then realized that sitting in front of us were the Piersons. They are neighbors to my parents. Tina (the mother of the family) was one of my Young Woman leaders and also took our beautiful engagement and wedding photos. Their daughter, Hannah, LOVES John. So she sat with us through the whole derby. The next time you go to a derby in Logan, look for us. Chances are, we probably will be there.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your new background. Ty and I used to go the derby too. Then we had our little peanut and she makes things a little more complicated. I bet she would like the derby though. Looks like you guys had fun. We all need to get together. I know I always say that and then sit around and do nothing about it. One of these days I will take some action on my words.

Grandma Mary said...

Dear Tina, Thanks for updating your blog. I love to read about the great adventures you and John have. You should invite us up sometime for wrecking cars night. We would love it. Love, Mary